As well as invaluable tools for keeping in touch with our friends, families and our work, mobile devices have become an increasingly big part of how we access the Internet. Unfortunately, while many smartphones are nearly as powerful as computers, we often don’t use the same caution with them as we do with our computers—and they often don’t have the privacy and security safeguards that come built into computers. As well, the fact that we’re never far from our mobile devices can bring a host of opportunities for us to be distracted and to make poor choices.
To help Canadians protect themselves while using mobile devices, CIRA and MediaSmarts have just released Mobile Devices, the sixth and final tip sheet in a series on cyber security.
- Cyber Security Consumer Tip Sheet
- Cyber Security Consumer Tip Sheet: Safe Surfing
- Cyber Security Consumer Tip Sheet: Protecting Yourself from Malware
- Cyber Security Consumer Tip Sheet: Online Commerce
- Cyber Security Consumer Tip Sheet: Socializing and Interacting Online
- Cyber Security Consumer Tip Sheet: Mobile Devices