GCO 1 Define “art” and explain how interpretations may differ
Understand the broad range of art types:
- How is art that combines media defined?
GCO 2 Analyze the interconnectedness of art and culture
- Audience members bring sets of experiences and values that impact reception and perception when consuming art.
- Developments in technology impact the development and distribution of art
- Art Exchange
- Body Positive Ads
- Diversity and Media Ownership
- First Person
- Online Propaganda and the Proliferation of Hate
- Miscast and Seldom Seen
- Political Images: Memes and Cartoons
- Remixing Media
- Unpacking Privilege
GCO 4 Create critical responses to forms of art
- Why is it necessary to have Canadian Content Regulation?
- The role of CBC as a defender/promoter of Canadian culture.