Outcome Chart - Nova Scotia - Cultural Industries Grade 11
Students will explore the cultural industries and related careers.
Students will work independently or collaboratively on a cultural industries project that will extend, apply, or explore in depth ideas, issues, or skills introduced in modules 1, 2, and 3.
- explore the cultural resources in their communities
- demonstrate an understanding of the meaning of career-related terms such as career, occupation, job, and work in planning for the future
- analyze the realities of work in the cultural industries
- identify cultural work and workplaces
- explain intellectual property (copyright) as it pertains to the cultural ventures
- demonstrate an understanding of advocacy in the arts and culture sector
- analyze issues of cultural diversity as they pertain to artistic expression and the cultural industries
- demonstrate an understanding of and value for diversity within cultural art forms
- demonstrate an understanding of the impact of technology on culture
Lessons that meet Grade 11 expectations