Outcome Chart - Northwest Territories - Social Studies Grade 2
This outcome chart contains media-related learning outcomes from the Northwest Territories Grade 2 Social Studies curriculum, with links to supporting resources on the MediaSmarts site.
Managing Information and Ideas
Information-management skills enable students to access, select, organize, and record information and ideas, using a variety of sources, tools, and technologies. These skills include inquiry and research skills that enhance historical and geographical thinking.
- Gather information from oral, visual, material, or print sources.
- Use tools and technologies to accomplish given tasks.
- Adversmarts: Introduction to Food Advertising Online
- Can You Spot the Ad?
- Comparing Real Families to TV Families
- Facing TV Violence: Consequences and Media Violence
- Facing TV Violence: Counting & Discussing Violence on the Screen
- Facing TV Violence: Rewriting the Script
- Healthy Food Web
- Introducing TV Families
- Looking at Newspapers: Introduction
- Packaging Tricks
- So Many Choices!
- Teaching TV: Film Production: Who Does What?
- Teaching TV: Learning With Television
- Teaching TV: Television as a Story Teller
- Teaching TV: Television Techniques
- TV Stereotypes