This outcome chart contains media-related learning outcomes from the Northwest Territories Grade 1 Social Studies curriculum, with links to supporting resources on the MediaSmarts site.
Managing Information and Ideas
Information-management skills enable students to access, select, organize, and record information and ideas, using a variety of sources, tools, and technologies. These skills include inquiry and research skills that enhance historical and geographical thinking.
- Gather information from oral, visual, material, or print sources.
- Sort information using selected criteria.
- Use tools and technologies to accomplish given tasks.
- Adversmarts: Introduction to Food Advertising Online
- Can You Spot the Ad?
- Facing TV Violence: Consequences and Media Violence
- Facing TV Violence: Counting & Discussing Violence on the Screen
- Facing TV Violence: Rewriting the Script
- Internet Time Capsule
- Packaging Tricks
- Teaching TV: Film Production: Who Does What?
- Teaching TV: Learning With Television
- Teaching TV: Television as a Story Teller
- Teaching TV: Television Techniques
- So Many Choices!