Students will be expected to enhance their knowledge of strategies for building and maintaining a positive self-image and understand its influence on building positive relationships in one’s life and work.
Students will be expected to link learning to one’s career building process
Students will be expected to learn to effectively locate, evaluate, interpret and use life/work information
Students will be expected to link lifestyles, life roles and life stages to life/work building while understanding and overcoming stereotypes/bias in life and work.
Students will be expected to engage in life/work decision making
Students will be expected to:
- Evaluate the impact of one’s self-image on self and others
- Explore the concept of diversity as it relates to respect, tolerance, flexibility and openness towards others
- Explore the skills, knowledge and attitudes that are needed in specific work sectors and are best suited to adapt to changing work role requirements.
- Assess life/work information and determine its pertinence for oneself
- Identify stereotypes, biases and discriminatory behaviors that may limit opportunities for women and men in certain work roles.
Lessons that meet Intermediate expectations
Student Tutorials (Licensed Resources)