Outcome Chart - Ontario - Computer Technology, Grade 11 Workplace Preparation (TEJ3E)
Computer Technology Fundamentals
A2. describe the topologies and hardware of computer networks, and the advantages and disadvantages of computer networking
A2.3 describe the advantages and disadvantages of networked computing (e.g., data sharing, collaborative applications, security, costs, centralized administration, reliability, effects of equipment failure).
Technology, The Environment, and Society
C2. describe societal issues related to the widespread use of computer technology
C2.1 describe the benefits of computer technology for society (e.g., cheaper and more efficient information services, telecommuting, development of a “global village”);
C2.2 describe the drawbacks of computer technology for society (e.g., Internet gambling addictions, more sedentary lifestyle, spam, telemarketing, loss of privacy).
- Cyberbullying and the Law
- Dealing with Digital Stress
- Digital Outreach for Civic Engagement
- Digital Storytelling for Civic Engagement
- First, Do No Harm: Being an Active Witness to Cyberbullying
- Free Speech and the Internet
- Hoax? Scholarly Research? Personal Opinion? You Decide!
- Introduction to Online Civic Engagement
- Making Media for Democratic Citizenship
- Online Cultures and Values
- Online Gambling and Youth
- Online Propaganda and the Proliferation of Hate
- Online Relationships: Respect and Consent
- Privacy Rights of Children and Teens
- Remixing Media
- The Privacy Dilemma: Lesson Plan for Senior Classrooms