Overall Expectations: Module 3: Global Citizenship Practicum
The students will understand how to collaboratively seek and implement a solution to a global issue by applying the principles of aajiiqatigiinniq, pijitsirniq, and qanuqtuurungnarniq.
1. understand the concept of a global village and the issues related to being a global citizen.
2. identify a global issue they wish to influence.
3. design and implement a practicum project to demonstrate active global citizenship in relation to the issue.
4. understand their individual and group capacity to work for change in the world.
5. learn and apply evaluation techniques and solution-seeking strategies to work for change as active global citizens.
- Beyond Media Messages: Media Portrayal of Global Development
- Cyberbullying and the Law
- Digital Skills for Democracy: Assessing online information to make civic choices
- Finding and Authenticating Online Information on Global Development Issues
- Making Media for Democratic Citizenship
- Shaking the Movers: Youth Rights and Media