General Learning 0utcome B: Science, Technology, Society and the Environment
Explore problems and issues that demonstrate interdependence among science, technology, society, and the environment.
SLO B2: Recognize that scientific and technological endeavours have been, and continue to be, influenced by human needs and by societal and historical contexts.
SLO B3: Identify the factors that affect health and explain the relationships of personal habits, lifestyle choices, and human health, both individual and social.
General Learning 0utcome C: Scientific and Technological Skills and Attitudes
Demonstrate appropriate inquiry, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and attitudes for exploring scientific and/or technological issues and problems.
SLO C2: Demonstrate appropriate technological problem-solving skills and attitudes when seeking solutions to challenges and problems related to human needs.
SLO C3: Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and decision-making skills and attitudes when choosing a course of action based on scientific and technological information.
SLO C4: Employ effective communication skills and use a variety of resources to gather and share scientific and technological ideas and data
- Authentication Beyond the Classroom
- Deconstructing Web Pages
- Finding and Authenticating Online Information on Global Development Issues
- Hoax? Scholarly Research? Personal Opinion? You Decide!
- I heard it ‘round the Internet: Sexual health education and authenticating online information
- Introduction to Online Civic Engagement
- MyWorld: A digital literacy tutorial for secondary students
- Taming the Wild Wiki