Outcome Chart - British Columbia - Physical and Health Education 1
- Learning about ourselves and others helps us develop a positive attitude and caring behaviours, which helps us build healthy relationships.
- Knowing about our bodies and making healthy choices helps us look after ourselves.
- Good health comprises physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Social and Community health
- Identify and describe a variety of unsafe and/or uncomfortable situations
- Develop and demonstrate respectful behaviour when participating in activities with others
- Identify caring behaviours among classmates and within families
- Identify and describe practices that promote mental well-being
- Identify and describe feelings and worries
- Identify personal skills, interests, and preferences
Students are expected to know the following:
- different types of substances and how to safely use or avoid them
- hazards and potentially unsafe situations
- caring behaviours in groups and families
- emotions and their causes and effects
- reliable sources of health information
- Finding Balance in Our Digital Lives
- Internet Time Capsule
- Representing Ourselves Online
- Rules of the Game