Global Learning Outcome 4 – Personal and Social Management
The student will demonstrate the ability to develop self-understanding, to make health-enhancing decisions, to work cooperatively and fairly with others, and to build positive relationships with others.
The following personal and social management skills that are identified in the Framework are reinforced in each module:
- goal-setting/planning skills
- decision-making/problem-solving skills
- interpersonal skills
- conflict-resolution skills
- stress-management skills
Global Learning Outcome 5
The student will demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions for healthy living related to personal health practices, active living, healthy nutritional practices, substance use and abuse, and human sexuality.
- Identify and apply positive health strategies to deal with issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, and eating disorders.
- Examine media influence(s) on self-image and behaviour.
- Investigate the impact and importance of active healthy lifestyle practices on mental-emotional health issues.
- Examine the signs and symptoms of mental-emotional health issues related to stress, anxiety, depression, and eating disorders.
- Identify community service agencies that support individuals concerned about mental-emotional health issues.
- Apply problem-solving and decision-making strategies in case scenarios related to selected mental-emotional health issues.
Student Tutorial (Licensed Resource)