Social Media Rules
- I will only follow people I know personally.
- I will always show an adult any message or post that makes me feel uncomfortable or threatened.
- I will never share any personal information about myself, such as my age, where I live, and where I go to school.
- I will keep my whereabouts to myself: I will turn off any location settings that tell people exactly where I am or where a photograph was taken.
- I will never publish anything I wouldn’t want my parents, teachers, and grandparents to see, because photos can be shared widely, with anyone, in a matter of seconds.
- When creating a password, I will make one up that is hard for someone else to guess but easy for me to remember. I will never reveal it to anyone (except my parents or a trusted adult) - not even my best friend.
- I will always check my privacy settings and go over them with my parents.
- I will practice the golden rule and always treat others as I would like to be treated. I will T.H.I.N.K. before I leave a comment or send a message: is it True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind?
- I will not upload or tag photos of other people without their permission.