Outcome Chart - Yukon - English Language Arts Grade 3
- Stories and other texts can be shared through pictures and words.
- Everyone has a unique story to share.
- Curiosity and wonder lead us to new discoveries about ourselves and the world around us.
- Through listening and speaking, we connect with others and share our world.
- Questioning what we hear, read, and view contributes to our ability to be educated and engaged citizens.
Overall Expectations: Comprehending and Connect (reading, listening, viewing)
- Using oral, written, visual, and digital texts, students are expected individually and collaboratively to be able to:
- Read fluently at grade level
- Use sources of information and prior knowledge to make meaning
- Recognize how different text structures reflect different purposes.
- Engage actively as listeners, viewers, and readers, as appropriate, to develop understanding of self, identity, and community
- Demonstrate awareness of the role that story plays in personal, family, and community identity
- Use personal experience and knowledge to connect to stories and other texts to make meaning
Specific Expectations: Create and Communicate (writing, speaking, presenting)
- Exchange ideas and perspectives to build shared understanding
- Create stories and other texts to deepen awareness of self, family, and community
- Plan and create a variety of communication forms for different purposes and audiences
- Adversmarts: Understanding Food Advertising Online
- Can You Spot the Ad?
- Facing Media Violence: Consequences and Media Violence
- Facing Media Violence: Counting & Discussing Violence on the Screen
- Facing Media Violence: Rewriting the Story
- Healthy Food Web
- Looking at Newspapers: Introduction - Lesson
- Rules of the Game
- What do Halloween costumes say? - Lesson