Rules of the Game
Level: Grades K to 3
About the Author: This lesson was written for MediaSmarts by Ethan Anderson
Duration: 30-45 minutes
This lesson is part of USE, UNDERSTAND & CREATE: A Digital Literacy Framework for Canadian Schools.
In this lesson, students consider the importance of the written and unwritten rules that make it possible to learn and play together, online and offline.
- consider the importance of written and unwritten rules for playing and interacting online and offline
- discuss the differences between playing and interacting online and offline
- identify which rules are most important for playing and interacting online
Home and School Connection
- Family Online Rules
- Building Empathy in Children and Teens
- Video Games and Your Family
- Promoting Ethical Online Behaviours with Your Kids
This lesson and all associated documents (handouts, overheads, backgrounders) are available in an easy-print, pdf kit version.