Outcome Chart - Alberta - Art 8
This outcome chart contains media-related learning outcomes from the Alberta, Art Grade 8 curriculum, with links to supporting resources on the MediaSmarts site.
Communicate: Students will express technical competencies and individual insights
Students will use expressiveness in their use of elements in the making of images.
- Editing Emotions
- Marketing to Teens: Gender Roles in Advertising
- Privacy and Internet Life: Lesson Plan for Intermediate Classrooms
Articulate and Evaluate: Students will apply visual, analytical and critical skills and develop control and competency.
Students will use the vocabulary of art criticism to develop a positive analysis of their work
- Kids, Alcohol and Advertising - Lesson 4: Interpreting Media Messages
- Learning Gender Stereotypes
- Put Your Best Face Forward
Components: Students will develop competence with the components of images: media, techniques and design elements
Students will experiment with techniques and media within complete compositions of two and three dimensions.