I Heard It ‘Round the Internet: Sexual health education and authenticating online information - Lesson
Level: Grades 7 to 9
Duration: 1 1/2 hours
This lesson is part of USE, UNDERSTAND & CREATE: A Digital Literacy Framework for Canadian Schools.
Students will consider the use of the Internet as a research tool and learn how to use search engines more effectively. They then apply these new found skills to investigating popular myths about sexuality and contraception. Finally, they consider three websites they have used in the course of their research and evaluate them as sources of information.
- reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of the Internet as a research tool
- learn and practice Internet search and evaluation skills
- become familiar with reliable online sources on sexual health
- research information on sexual health
- evaluate online sources of information on sexual health
Home and School Connection
This lesson and all associated documents (handouts, overheads, backgrounders) are available in an easy-print, pdf kit version.