A. Communities in Our Region
B. Communities in the NWT
C. Working in NWT Communities
D. Current Events
Skills: Processing Skills
2. use globes, atlases and maps as sources of information
5. locate information by using title, table of contents, index and glossary
6. select pertinent information a topic from materials heard, viewed or read
10. identify the purpose, plan, procedures and prepare questions to acquire information from a source
11. compare information gained from different sources to see whether it is similar or different
12. distinguish between fictional stories and factual information
- Break the Fake: What’s in the Frame?
- Break the Fake: What’s Real Online?
- Comparing Real Families to TV Families
- Earth Day: Maps as Media
- Girls and Boys on Television
- Introducing TV Families
- Media literacy key concepts Lesson 2: Media are constructions
- So Many Choices!
- The Constructed World of Media Families
- TV Stereotypes
- Villains, Heroes and Heroines