Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
MediaSmarts is looking for a highly motivated individual to run its marketing and communications activities. The successful candidate will coordinate, develop and implement external communications with media, general public, partners and stakeholders. They must be fluently bilingual (English/French) and have a university degree or college diploma in communications or a similar area, and at least three years of relevant work experience.
Outstanding strategic, interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a keen interest and active knowledge of new technologies and social media are essential.
Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in promotion of MediaSmarts and the vision and mission.
- Develop and manage communications products including press releases, media kits, annual reports and key messaging.
- Develop and implement annually a communications strategy (including social media) in support of the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement communications plans in support of individual initiatives.
- Manage the organization’s social media channels, including tracking and measuring engagement.
- Manage media relations and ongoing media opportunities.
- Support staff with regard to messaging and positioning for media interviews.
- Plan media and launch events.
- Co-ordinate MediaSmarts annual Media Literacy Week.
- Build networks and partnerships with stakeholder organizations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior English writing skills.
- Strong comprehension, reading, and oral French capacity.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma from a recognized university or college in communications,
public relations or journalism.
- Adeptness with adopting new technologies, including hardware, software, apps and social media platforms.
- developing and implementing communication plans with social media as a major component;
- managing media relations and media opportunities;
- 3+ years in a communications role with at least 2 years experience managing public social media channels and campaigns;
- experience in non-profit related marketing and communications is an asset.
- experience working with schools and/or community and youth-based organizations is an asset.
- knowledge of HootSuite, MailChimp, InDesign and Photoshop is an asset.
Hours of Work / Compensation: 37.5 hrs per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com.
MediaSmarts welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process . If accommodations are required, applicants are encouraged to make their requirements known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted