Professional Development Resources
Adults need to keep ahead of kids on prevailing Internet issues.
MediaSmarts’ professional development workshops offer teachers a comprehensive program on:
- Evaluation of online information
The Web Awareness Workshop Series:
- Cyberbullying: Encouraging ethical online behaviour
- Safe Passage: Teaching kids to be safe and responsible online
- Kids for Sale: Online privacy and marketing
- Fact or Folly: Authenticating online information
- Growing with the Net: The early years (Ages 4-12)
- Growing with the Net: The teen years (Ages 13-17)
EACH WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- An interactive online version with audio (for self-directed learning)
- PowerPoint presentation with speaking notes (for group delivery)
- Workshop Guide with background information
This promotional video provides an overview of the Web Awareness Workshop Series.
Annual Licence Fees
All fees are quoted in Canadian dollars before applicable taxes.
The complete package of all six workshops:
- Individual School Licence - $380
- District Licence - $53 per school in the district (Minimum fee $380)
- Faculty of Education Licence - $535
- University or College Licence - $790
All of MediaSmarts’ licensed resources are available to educators outside of Canada.
International licence fees are payable in Canadian dollars or U.S. dollars at the current U.S./Canadian exchange rates.
For information about previewing the workshops or purchasing a licence please contact us:
Toll free in Canada 1-800-896-3342