Professional Development Resources
Adults need to keep ahead of kids on prevailing Internet issues.
MediaSmarts’ professional development workshops offer teachers a comprehensive program on:
- Evaluation of online information
The Web Awareness Workshop Series:
- Cyberbullying: Encouraging ethical online behaviour
- Safe Passage: Teaching kids to be safe and responsible online
- Kids for Sale: Online privacy and marketing
- Fact or Folly: Authenticating online information
- Growing with the Net: The early years (Ages 4-12)
- Growing with the Net: The teen years (Ages 13-17)
EACH WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- Flash tutorial version with audio (for self-directed learning)
- PowerPoint presentation with speaking notes (for group delivery)
- Workshop Guide with background information
Annual Licence Fees
All fees are quoted in Canadian dollars before applicable taxes.
The complete package of all six workshops:
- Individual School Licence - $330
- District Licence - $47 per school in the district (Minimum fee $330)
- Faculty of Education Licence - $465
- University or College Licence - $695
All of MediaSmarts’ licensed resources are available to educators outside of Canada.
International licence fees are payable in Canadian dollars or U.S. dollars at the current U.S./Canadian exchange rates.
For information about previewing the workshops or purchasing a licence please contact us:
Toll free in Canada 1-800-896-3342