Teaching TV: Learning With Television - Lesson
Level: Grades 1 to 6
Author: This lesson, by Elizabeth Verrall, has been adapted with permission from the Federation of Women Teachers› Association of Ontario (FWTAO) Curriculum Insert 1994 Vol. 12 No. 5. Toronto, Ontario, May/June 1993.
This lesson is one of a five-part unit that provides teachers with ideas for teaching TV in the elementary classroom. In this lesson, students learn about television as a source of information, and how this information is presented from a particular point of view.
- become aware that they can derive information from media products
- identify and use information derived from the media
- identify and use information derived from television
- recognize which TV programs provide information and learning
- begin to differentiate fact from fantasy
This lesson and all associated documents (handouts, overheads, backgrounders) is available in an easy-print, pdf kit version.