The Manager, Strategic Partnerships and Grants leads the implementation and direction of a comprehensive revenue development growth strategy for MediaSmarts/HabiloMedias. We are looking for a passionate and outstanding communicator and innovator to assume leadership over an already successful sponsorship program and who will ensure future growth and sustainability. This role will also lead our grant seeking processes with foundations and government agencies. This position will play a key role in the organization’s annual revenue strategy development and goals achieved and is a key member of the leadership team.
Reporting directly to/working with the Executive Director, responsibilities include:
- Lead and implement a newly developed revenue strategy that includes short-and-long-term goals focusing on corporate partnerships and grant seeking
- Plan and execute corporate partnerships program, including cultivation and prospecting, setting achievable targets, refining valuation, engaging and building relationships with new sponsors and maintaining existing sponsorships, leading the valuation and packaging of corporate partnerships via tailored proposals, prepare contracts and sponsorship agreements and stakeholder fulfillment reports
- Research new opportunities and steward grant applications to foundation and government, working closely with the Research and Education teams and the Project Manager
- Provide strategic leadership and day-to-day oversight of the full portfolio of corporate partner accounts, ensuring the highest level of account service is delivered, agreements are fulfilled and results captured through the delivery of summary reports
- Set and reach specific targets for renewals and upsells presenting new partnership opportunities to current partners that align with business objectives
- Develop and manage pipeline of partners and prospects effectively, including objective setting, negotiating terms for contracts and renewals
- Maintain forecasting and prepare reports for the Executive Director and the Board as required
- Strong advocate and ambassador for MediaSmarts in sponsorship and fundraising landscapes
Skills and Strengths
- Demonstrated experience and success in acquiring new sponsors from cold approaches
- Demonstrated experience developing and securing new grants
- Experience building and monitoring a business development pipeline
- Entrepreneurial approach/spirit with elevated attention to detail
- Project management from conceptualization to production and delivery
- Customer focus with strong business acumen and a solutions-oriented mindset to develop sustainable, realistic objectives during negotiation of partnerships
- Exceptional communication skills, thoughtful in representing/protecting brand values and presenting confidently to stakeholders
- Ability to self-manage, work independently, set and achieve goals in a hybrid work environment
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent team member who enjoys working collaboratively with a small close-knit team
- Previous experience working and/or volunteering within the non-profit sector
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Knowledge of revenue development best practices and charitable sector trends
- Experience with leading/developing/managing social enterprise
- Reside in Ottawa area
- College level degree/diploma in business, fundraising, communications, management or related discipline with equivalent and proven relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in securing new revenue, ideally in the non-profit sector
- Minimum of 3 years experience in leading/managing a program or project
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft Office environment
- Permanent, full-time position
- Flexible work hours; parent/child/family supportive
- Highly independent,digital first work environment; there is a blend of remote work from home with some work on-site in our Ottawa office. We are a highly professional, engaged, independent team that is results driven: outcomes are reported, shared and celebrated.
The salary level is dependent upon skills, education and experience and includes a benefits package and generous annual leave.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive to be an equitable and inclusive employer so that our workforce represents the diversity of backgrounds and identities across Canada. We welcome applications from candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, 2SLGBTQ2+, people with disabilities and other under-represented communities, and those with varied areas of expertise and lived experience. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process - please let us know how we can support your application.
Please send your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is October 7th, but applications will be considered immediately and on a rolling basis.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.