In November 2011 MyWorld was honoured by the MEDEA Awards in the ‘Highly Commended’ category.
MyWorld: A digital literacy tutorial for secondary students aims to teach students essential digital literacy skills through simulating their favourite online experiences. The tutorial is divided into four chapters, each of which focuses on a particular aspect of digital literacy: researching and authenticating online information, managing privacy and reputation, dealing with online relationships and using digital media in an ethical manner.
In each chapter, students use a variety of online tools and environments — a search engine, a social networking site, for example — to complete tasks that challenge their digital literacy skills. These tasks are based on issues youth encounter daily, relating to their friends, schoolwork and personal lives.
- an interactive online tutorial
- training presentations on each chapter for teachers
- an extensive Teacher’s Guide with detailed instructions and assessment tools
- a Classroom Activities Guide with background information, student handouts, and introductory, warm-up, follow-up and extension activities
This promotional video provides an overview of the MyWorld student tutorial.
Annual Licence Fees
All fees are quoted in Canadian dollars before applicable taxes.
- Individual School Licence - $360
- District Licence - $99 per intermediate and/or high school in the district (Minimum fee $360)
- Faculty of Education Licence - $470
- University or College Licence - $700
All of MediaSmarts’ licensed resources are available to educators outside of Canada.
International licence fees are payable in Canadian dollars or U.S. dollars at the current U.S./Canadian exchange rates.
For information about previewing MyWorld or purchasing a licence please contact us:
Toll free in Canada 1-800-896-3342