Teaching TV: Enjoying Television - Lesson
Level: Grades 1 to 6
Author: This lesson, by Elizabeth Verrall, has been adapted with permission from the Federation of Women Teachers’ Association of Ontario (FWTAO) Curriculum Insert 1994 Vol. 12 No. 5. Toronto, Ontario, May/June 1993.
This lesson is one of a five-part unit that provides teachers with ideas for teaching TV in the elementary classroom. In this lesson, students will become more aware of the programs they enjoy and the elements that make them enjoyable.
- become aware that they enjoy some media products and understand what makes these products enjoyable to them
- express reasons for their enjoyment of some media products.
- recognize television viewing as one leisure activity among many others
- state a preference for a television program
- critically view an alternative TV program
This lesson and all associated documents (handouts, overheads, backgrounders) is available in an easy-print, pdf kit version.